Israel & I




My entire experience can be summed up in one word. It was life-changing and amazing, but the word I would use is 'small'.

I started packing my bags and realized that my shoes wouldn't fit. So I had to pack a seperate bag for them and put it in the overhead compartment where I sit.

From the beginning of the plans, I knew things would be tight.
I mean, God took care of the finances...I just wasn't looking forward to the 12-hour flight.

For the majority of our time in the air I was standing on my feet.
Blocking the isles with the Flight Attendants telling me: "Sir, please take your seat."


 
When we landed in Israel, I can't explain how I was feeling.
But my focus was diverted when I noticed my head scraping the hotel ceiling.

Our accomodations were okay regardless of how many times I hit my head. And I slept surprisingly well on what I call a cot, not a bed.

We saw amazing sights and I was baptized in the Jordan River and all.
But after seeing the Garden Tomb my focus strangly enough was: "Man, Jesus was not very tall."(the place where they laid Him was like 6' long, c'mon now, LOL).
Please forgive me for making light of the trip.
In all honesty, it had my heart in a grip.

The truth is this experience showed me that no matter how big I think I am. I will never be able to fill the shoes that Jesus can.

Fact is, this entire planet was too small for our Lord Jesus Christ. And there is nothing small about His perfect sacrifice.

Imagine feeling like the whole entire Earth is too small.
And then taking the weight of it's entire sin, beatings and all.

I saw where He walked, talked, taught and lived.
But all of these things are small when compared to His greatest gift.

He'll love us no matter what, no matter how many times we fall.
And it is this amazing love that will always keep me humbled and small.

 

Craig Lovatt
Zealous8:2 Tour, June 2010

No comments: